Friday, January 28, 2011

Lily's Baby Book


So I may now be reffered to as "Slacker Mom."  I have my baby book (which is actually a calendar) and I remember being prego with Lil and thinking how I would do what my Mom did and for her entire first year I would let her know at LEAST 4-5 activities we did that week .. Yeah well it's funny how life always has other plans for us, so needless to say, her baby book stops around page 3.  So a while ago I decided to put her pictures together and make her a "video baby book."  Cool idea I thought.  I added some more pictures recently and put it to some tear jerker music (REALLY LISTEN TO THE LYRICS OF THE 1ST NATALIE MERCHANT SONG -- WONDER!) <--- I don't know why that's in caps.. It made me feel powerful.  So I thought it was a cool way for the newbies who are now looking at my page to be able to put a face to a story.  I know it's obnoxiously long so I promise I won't be disappointed if you skip some of it.  Enjoy!
Lily had a fabulous time watching it!
She made me play it at least 6 times and cried when it ended.

On another note, we went to the optometrist today to get Lily's eyes checked out because I swear every time I back her away from the TV she is like swiper the fox and back there faster than I can turn my back.  Needless to say, its developmental and she is fine, eyes are great!  We will be going back next year because with TS does come the possibility of eye problems in the future.  Geesh -- What isn't a possible problem with TS?  Even I am overwhelmed with keeping up with it!  Oh well, looks like our road of life just has a little more traffic than the rest of the world! 

4 comments:

  1. that was amazing shannon!the i wish song has always reminded me of my kids and makes me cry every time I hear it. The first time I heard it Amanda - a senior in high school -played it for me in the car because she said i would like it and think it was us...i cried so hard, i had to contain myself...she got it - she got how much I love her (them). Lily will too - i know she already gets it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha MY wish not i wish...but i totally wish that is why the flub on words. i love ya shan and your whole family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that song! I remember she was just an itty bitty when it first came out and I was on my "get the baby to sleep" playlist! "My little girl" by Tim McGraw is a good daddy to daughter song as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love it. i had to do a slideshow for one of my classes when joey was like 2.5 and i did it of him, obv. from his birth until then. and one of the songs was "my wish". this makes me want to pull out my old laptop and try to find it, update it, and keep it going as a baby book, bc joeys is also sadly sparse. at least you have a good excuse for lily's. you guys had a crazy first year! <3

    ReplyDelete